Celebrations Tent of Nations, 1916 – 2016
Come & Celebrate With Us
Tent of Nations, 1916 – 2016
100 Years Anniversary Celebration
Monday May 9, 2016 – Thursday May 12, 2016
In the early spring of 1916, Daher Nassar stood on a hilltop in central Palestine. Daher liked this piece of land, he felt good to be close to Bethlehem, the birthplace of Jesus and along the ancient “Patriarch’s Road” to Hebron. A lover of the land, Daher decided to live with his family on the land in a cave. He wanted his two sons Nayef and Bishara to grow up connected to the land. Bishara dreamt and worked for the land to become a meeting place for people from all over the world, in order to build bridges of understanding and connect people to each other and the land.
It has been a struggle for the Nassar family to keep their land since the day of purchase in 1916. Throughout all those years facing empire after empire, but with steadfastness and hope, they managed to keep the farm until today. Let us celebrate 100 years of existence on the land.
The Tent of Nations will start the celebrations on March 30th, 2016, which is Palestinian Land Day, by planting a tree on the farm. We would like to ask you, if possible, to plant a tree on that day in your own country as a symbol of hope for peace and justice around the world. This will remind us all how important it is to continue working together for a better future, wherever we are.
The Tent of Nations invites friends around the world to come to the 100 Years Celebration from Monday May 9, 2016 to Thursday May 12, 2016 and show friendship, solidarity, and support after 100 years of existence on the land.
The week of celebrations will include:
- Enjoying Wednesday May 11, 2016 the Day of the Celebration with Nassar family, locals and internationals;
- Sharing Palestinian meals, attending activities such as story-telling, music, and dabkah dance;
- Participating in workshops and in small group discussions (full programme to come);
- Volunteering on the land & doing practical preparations for the Day of Celebration;
- Meeting wonderful people from around the world;
- Learning more about the spirituality of ‘We Refuse to Be Enemies’ as a way of living under difficult circumstances.
When: Monday May 9 – Thursday May 12, 2016
- Arrival Sunday May 8, 2016, departure Friday May 13, 2016
- Optional trips the weekends before and after the celebration days.
More information is provided on the Information & Registration Form below.
Where: Tent of Nations, Bethlehem, Palestine
Information: Registration Form
Or contact the Celebrations Coordinator, Meta Floor, from the Netherlands, at email@example.com, (+)31 6 488 09 550
Early-Bird Deadline (with discount) on December 15, 2015
Final deadline for registration on February 29, 2016
We would love for you to join us on this special occasion and we look forward to seeing you here!
Please note that participating in this programme requires a good health, commitment to non-violence, and a very open and flexible attitude.